Pretec CF LASER Barcode Scanner for PDA/ Pocket PC & portable devices w/ CF slot Review

Pretec CF LASER Barcode Scanner for PDA/ Pocket PC & portable devices w/ CF slotI've debated whether to give this product a 3 or 4 star rating.I'm not feeling generous, so I'll give it a 3.I take issue with this product not because of its capabilities (it compares favorably with similar products) but with its lack of manuals of any kind, a poorly burned demo CD that wouldn't read in either of my computer's optical drives, and a Web site that was less than helpful (no manuals).

After I managed to find the correct version of the driver for my Dell Axim 50v, I had to remember how to install a CAB file without having an installation program.Simple answer - copy it to the device, find it with the file explorer, and click on it.Not exactly intuitive for an install.

Then there was the fact that for a short while, my Axim was convinced this was a modem.After a few tries with the newly installed driver and keyboard emulator for the scanner, it was correctly recognized and now I can happily scan.Scans are quick, accurate, and have a great range.

The rating will plummet should I find any issues with reliability, but I have a feeling it will be fine.If you can wade through the installation, I'm fairly certain that this scanner will perform adequately.Just don't think it will be a walk in the park getting it up and running.You might even consider looking at another brand before purchasing this one.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Pretec CF LASER Barcode Scanner for PDA/ Pocket PC & portable devices w/ CF slot

Product Description:
Laser Barcode Reader CompactFlash Type I Interface

Buy cheap Pretec CF LASER Barcode Scanner for PDA/ Pocket PC & portable devices w/ CF slot now

0 comments:

Post a Comment