This version also works with the USB cable, but it is capable of Bluetooth operation. However, after receiving the scanner, I discovered that Bluetooth operation requires "wedge" software, the purpose of which is to receive input from the scanner and "type it" into applications.
The product I received did not have the software in the box. There were obsolete instructions for getting the software, and the given URL didn't get me to a download page so I had to search around a bit to find the software. Then I discovered that the software is "Windows" only; since I wanted to use this device with a Macintosh, I thought I needed to purchase "wedge" software form a 3rd party for $79--which I did. However, I discovered that the Delicious Library 2 software on my Macintosh has "wedge" software built-in and does not require the $79 wedge; unfortunately I didn't discover this until I'd purchased the "wedge."
Bottom line, if you're going to use this device on a Macintosh, check your software to determine whether you need "wedge" for Bluetooth operation and factor in $79 to purchase that software.
I'd rate this device at 4 or 5 stars IF it came with the wedge software for Macintosh.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Microvision Flic Cordless Bar Code Scanner (Bluetooth)
Product Description:
The ROV Scanner sports a new, fully electronic button and scan engine that significantly improves scan performance and durability. The ROV Scanner also has a large onboard memory (up to 4,000 UPC scans), rubberized grip points, and supports rechargeable AAA batteries.
Buy cheap Microvision Flic Cordless Bar Code Scanner (Bluetooth) now
0 comments:
Post a Comment